During 2013 Olympus Tours Foundation is committed to keep supporting the association “Aprendiendo a Vivir con VIH SIDA” (Learning to Live with HIV AIDS), an organization that works to improve the quality of life of children and people living with this disease in Cancun.
Where is it located?
The association is located in S.M. 59 of Cancun´s downtown area.
What is its main objective?
To contribute with the improvement in the quality of life of the people who carry this terrible disease and their families, such as to provide the proper education for children and teenagers in Cancun, in order to prevent the spread of it.
How is the objective achieved?
* By organizing groups of self help or support for children and women.
* Providing professional psychological assistance.
* Providing nutritional information and alternative medicine.
* Promoting handcrafts making, and other productive activities.
* Supporting those families of lower resources with medicine or funerary services.
* Organizing informative events in schools of every level, from elementary to college.
* Providing quick HIV test results.
What is the importance of this Project?
The answer is more than obvious: This non profit organization works every day, assisting people with low resources (or none at all) whose life has dramatically changed due to this disease, and at the same time strives to sensitize the public regarding contagion.
How many people have been beneficiated?
Nowadays, after 14 years of efforts, “Learning to Live with HIV AIDS” has attended over 120 families, and with the help and collaboration of more volunteers, more donations, and more participation of different companies, the project continues to grow every day.
If like us, you think that building a more just and united world is everyone’s job, we invite you to join us in the “Fundraising Campaign 2013″.