December just arrived and of course the last month of the year includes the posadas, the gifts and the joy of Christmas. In the spirit of the season and to be part of the happiness of children and young people from different organizations of Cancún, the Olympus Tours Foundation has offered the following support and donations:
• A financial donation to the Capec association which works with children with limited resources and suffer from diabetes. This donation helped the association organize the posada, where sweets were replaced with fruit and vegetables.
• A donation to Seedssa, an organization whose objective is to promote the education of young people, especially on issues of sexual and reproductive rights. Again the donation was used for their posada which included over four hundred young people, and was an opportunity to give information on the responsible exercise of sexuality.
• Gifts to students and teachers of “La Escuelita”, a special school located on the colony of Bonfil that gives regular classes to children and teenagers who, for various reasons, don´t have the privilege of enrolling in the formal education system.
• Financial donation to the “Huellas de Pan” association for the celebration of its posada.
• Candy and treats for the children and teachers of “La Burbuja”, a daycare that depends on the DIF and which has, for several years now, been our Foundations “goddaughter”.